Probably the most important dessert of your life? Your wedding cake! A fun part of wedding planning is taste testing and choosing your cake design. Many couples opt to have a personalized wedding cake created that uniquely reflects them and their love. We’ve gathered some ideas for how to customize your wedding cake in many beautiful and delicious ways. Check out the inspiration below!
5 ways to make a personalized wedding cake that’s uniquely and deliciously yours
- Use a family heirloom as your cake topper: You could use the cake topper from your parents’ wedding cake, or use your gramma’s favourite brooch. You can even write up a place card next to the cake that tells the special history of your heirloom topper.
- Use a family recipe! What a beautiful way to connect to tradition and your family. Again, it’s a nice idea to make note of this special recipe and family connection in the menu or during your toast.
- Incorporate your favourite colours: Do you love blues, pinks, or are your wedding colours are purple and green? Why not reflect that in your wedding cake, either in the frosting or the cake décor. You could even make your cake your “something blue”!
- Tie in your wedding’s theme, season or locale. A beach wedding cake could incorporate tasteful seashells, a destination wedding in Italy could feature a cake with some rustic charm, and so on.
- Your wedding dress can serve as cake inspiration. Have your cake maker borrow elements like the buttons or lace pattern to design the cake
Some of our favourite Greater Vancouver cake makers who can beautifully customize any cake…
Cake makers can work closely with you to to depict your hobbies, your names, or any other aspect you want to stand out. You can also opt to use personalized sign post or a bespoke topper, all on a beautifully delicious cake.
You can combine a hint of traditional bridal flavour with something unique and personal to you or a favourite colour scheme.